The look at Pamella Roland? Fresh, easy makeup and a pretty updo adorned with a thick leather headband, perfect for camouflaging bad hair days. Here's how to get the look.
Mane man Paul Labrecque was dealing with possibly the worst hair day of 2013 thus far, but I love the way he handled it. Inspired by the ballet, he created a formal hairstyle with a French twist to reflect the winter feeling inspired by ballet. Petra Alexandra, Inc. exclusively for Pamella Roland made the thick leather headbands, which adorned the look. Said Labrecque, "It's all about severe hair to juxtapose with the beautiful flowing clothing." To create the style, he used Paul Labreque products--Volume Finish, a firm-holding silk spray, and Paul Labreque Daily Finish to remove flyaways and keep it sleek!
Matin Maulawizada for Laura Mercier did the makeup honors. Said Maulawizada, "The look for Pamella is inspired by Saint Petersburg, Russian czars and opulence. Women in that era didn't really wear makeup but instead a lot of jewelry and fancy clothing. I maintained integrity of that simplicity with a nude palette and strong brows with a bold lip. Russian red was too literal, so we did gold on the eyes and a deep maroon lip." Here's what he used.
· First, Matin applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer ($32) to create the perfect canvas for makeup application.
· Then, depending on the model’s complexion, he used Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Foundation ($50) or Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation ($43) to hydrate and protect the skin.
· Next, he used Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30) to perfect the skin, concealing any problem areas.
· He applied Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($35) to set and finish the look.
· To give the skin a healthy color, Matin brushed Laura Mercier Crème Cheek Colour in Blaze ($24) and Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Sweet Mandarin ($24) onto the cheekbones.
· Matin then contoured the apples of the cheeks with the Bronzer Veil from Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Healthy Glow for Face & Cheeks Crème Colour Palette ($48). (The Bonne Mine Palette not only provides a healthy, natural glow, but 100 percent of the profits from its sales are donated to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund.)
· Matin gently brushed Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour in Gilded Moonlight ($24) onto the eyelid.
· He then applied Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Golden Mosaic ($38) to the eyelids, leaving them gleaming with a warm, natural sheen.
· To complete the eyes, he swept on a coat of Laura Mercier Gold Mascara (created exclusively for the Pamella Roland show), to dramatically lengthen and define lashes.
· Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil ($20) was applied to define the models’ eyebrows as needed.
- Matin applied Laura Mercier Lip Silk ($22) to the models’ lips to create a smooth and nourished base.
- He contoured and shaded the lips using Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Coffee Bean ($20).
- Adding the final touch, he applied Laura Mercier Lip Pencil in Deep Wine ($20) to achieve bold, modern look.
What do you think of the look at Pamella Rowland's Fall 2013 fashion show?