Celebrity hairstylist Kiyah Wright gave Kerry Washington a classic chignon-inspired updo for the 64th Emmy Awards held last night in Los Angeles. See below for the hairstyle how-to, courtesy of Kiyah.
“She wanted to keep it unbelievably simple, just like what’s on the runways,” says Kiyah Wright of the look.
1. Prep the hair for maximum shine by applying Clairol Professional Jazzing in Clear to dried hair from root to tip. Let the product sit for 15 minutes and then rinse it out.
2. Using a round brush, blow-dry the hair in sections until completely dried.
3. Tease the hair at the roots on top of the head and apply clip-ins in a matching hue backwards for added volume.
4. Spritz the face framing pieces with gold hairspray for temporary sheen and brightness.
5. Create a deep side part and create a ponytail at the crown. Then twist the hair around the ponytail to create a bun.
6. Secure with pins, and loosen random pieces to create a more voluminous bun.
7. Spritz with muze|hair Last Look Hairspray for long-lasting hold.
What do you think of Kerry Washington's hair? I adored her entire look from her blush colored sparkly gown to her amazing coif.
Like this post? Don't miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.