|Helen Gurley Brown on her first day as editor-in-chief of "Cosmopolitan."|
- “Beauty can't amuse you, but brainwork—reading, writing, thinking—can.”
- “Never fail to know that if you are doing all the talking, you are boring somebody.”
- “Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.”
- “I hope I have convinced you / the only thing that separates successful people from the ones who aren't is the willingness to work very, very hard.”
- "Nearly every glamorous, wealthy, successful career woman you might envy now started out as some kind of schlep."
- "I've never worked anywhere without being sexually involved with somebody in the office."
Helen Gurley Brown was truly a dame. Here's to continuing her legacy, mouseburgers.
Like this post? Don't miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.