|Britney Spears' shining VMA moment with the snake, |
whose name is Banana, we recently found out via Brit's Twitter.
I was recently invited to indulge in a blow-out at the salon of Creative Director for Nexxus Salon Hair Care, Kevin Mancuso, and Kevin and I talked. The entire time. About Britney Spears' hair circa 2000-2004, when he was her hairstylist. He created ALL of her iconic looks. So while we anxiously await the MTV VMAs (I'll be in LA covering them, BTW! Stay tuned for more on that) I'm giving you the best gift I can: how-tos of Britney's best hairstyles straight from the man who created them. Here, the step by step instructions on how to get this look per Kevin.
1. Shampoo with Diametress Luscious Volume Shampoo and then condition with Diametress Luscious Volume Conditioner.
2. Spray Diametress Lavish Body Spray Gel all over, concentrating on roots.
3. Blow hair upside down to dry roots and direct heat into root area while using finger tips to massage.
4. Use a round brush to blow volume into hair, be sure not to use brush at root area.
5. Transfer hair to Velcro rollers to add lasting body.
6. Remove rollers and create long spirals with a medium barrel iron.
7. Take one spiral at a time and work a small amount of ProMend Split End Binding Smoothing Shine Serum to define it.
8. Finish by spraying hair with Comb Thru Touchable Hold Finishing Mist.
That's a tutorial I've been personally awaiting since 2001. What was your favorite Britney Spears hairstyle through the ages? Also, if you think this is the only look I harassed him about, well, you'd be wrong. More to come this week. Stay tuned!
Like this post? Don't miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.