Emma Stone's fresh, punchy lip and blonde updo hairstyle at the 2012 MTV Movie Awards was my favorite beauty look of the night. I just scored the details on how to recreate her look at home from her respective makeup artist Rachel Goodwin and hairstylist Mara Roszak. Here, the details.
Rachel Goodwin, CHANEL Celebrity Makeup Artist, gave Emma a fun and playful coral lip to complement the Martin Grant bustier top and skirt.
“The lip was the focal point of the look. I paired this with a classic eye defined with liquid liner. For skin, I wanted it to look as if Emma had spent a day at the beach - slightly sun kissed with a flush of color on her cheeks. To capture this I used a foundation two shades darker than her normal skin tone, adding a touch of cream blush to the apples of cheeks.”
Goodwin used the following products for Emma’s red carpet look:
CHANEL Le Blanc Sheer Illuminating Base, $45
REVLON PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup in Nude, $13.99
CHANEL Natural Finish Pressed Powder, $45
CHANEL Powder Blush in In Love, $43
REVLON ColorStay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black, $7.29
CHANEL Quadra Eye Shadow in Prelude, $58
REVLON Grow Luscious Mascara in Blackest Black, $7.99
CHANEL Sculpting Eye Brow Pencil in Brun Natural, $29
REVLON Just Kissable in Rendezvous, $8.99
All products are available at revlon.com or chanel.com.
Her hair, which was done by celebrity hairstylist Mara Roszak, was described by Roszak as a “textured, twisted updo.” Roszak got the look by using a combination of Clairol Professional, Sebastian Professional and Wella Professional products. Roszak said she “wanted the style to feel like a twist on a simple updo with strong elements of fun and femininity.”
To get the look yourself, follow these steps:
1. Begin the style by washing with Clairol Professional Shimmer Lights Shampoo and Conditioner (this will enhance the brightness and vibrancy of blonde hair).
2. Apply a golf ball sized amount of Sebastian Professional Mousse Forte to the lengths of towel dried
3. Loosely twist random 1-inch sections of hair towards the back, bobby pin in place, and blow-dry. Once
the hair is dry, remove the pins and let the twists fall out.
4. Emulsify a dollop of Wella Professionals Texture Touch in palms and apply to the lengths of the hair
for added texture.
5. Then twist the hair on either side of the forehead, connecting at the back of the head. Bobby pin the
twists in place, criss-crossing the pins to ensure a secure hold.
6. Gently tease the rest of hair and pin it up into a messy bun, allowing pieces to fall out naturally.
7. Finish the style with a spritz of Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray.
What do you think of Emma Stone's look? And did you catch the MTV Movie Awards? What was your favorite part? Are you as over Russell Brand as I am?
Like this post? Don't miss another one! Subscribe via my RSS feed.